Monday, January 14, 2013

A New Year + A New Blog

The New Year has kicked off well - lots of meetings with potential clients, lots of year end work to do - the tax man cometh and he wants his tithe!  However, I thought I should at least start blogging seriously and there is no time like the present to get started.

It was a great year end - lots of parties, lots of nosh and a bit of bubbly to wash it all down.  Now it is back on the health train - I am sure a lot of you out there are also thinking the same thing.  I am getting back into yoga, had to give it up for a while during Fall wedding season, we were just so busy.  But yoga helps to keep me focused and a whole lot calmer (for which my staff are eminently grateful!).  I am also back on smoothies for breakfast.  It is a great way to start the day, and they are totally mobile, which is wonderful if you have a hectic schedule.  When I am getting on the road early I make one the night before.  

One of my favourite is the the following - all you need is a good blender!

Peach & Spinach Smoothie (yields 5 cups, enough for two to share!)
1 cup unsweetened Almond milk
1 cup purified water
2 cups fresh or frozen peaches
2 big handfuls of spinach
2 scoops protein powder (I use a vegan non soy protein powder)
2 scoops ground flax seed.

Put all of the ingredients in the blender, and puree.  I puree until it goes nice and green.  Pour into two glasses and enjoy.  One should drink it within 24 hours.

This little smoothie keeps me going until lunch time!

No comments :

Post a Comment